With so many recent medical advancements, it can seem like there’s a pill or procedure to treat just about anything. For those looking for a natural and drug-free alternative to medical treatment, however, acupuncture and meditation can provide much-needed relief for pain and stress. These traditional approaches have been used for thousands of years to great success and can help promote your body’s overall health and wellness.
What is Acupuncture?
An essential part of traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture treatment is a procedure in which tiny needles are inserted into key areas of the body. These strategically placed needles act to balance the flow of energy in your body in specific nerves and muscles, providing a plethora of benefits even from your first acupuncture appointment.
What is Meditation?
Meditation is a method of training your mind to increase your awareness of not only your surroundings, but your own body as well. There are many different meditation styles to suit your individual needs, but it’s important to remember that meditation requires some level of self-discipline and must be practiced habitually. Meditation boasts a variety of health benefits, and can be especially effective when combined with acupuncture.
Benefits of Acupuncture & Meditation
- Stress Aids. Between work and personal life, many people struggle with day to day stress. Acupuncture and meditation can both help relax your body, reduce anxiety, and leave you feeling more in control of your life.
- Pain Reduction. Many people have found acupuncture to be a successful drug-free method to help manage their pain. Because your state of mind plays a role in perceiving pain, meditation can also be an effective tool to help cope with or even reduce these sensations.
- Preventative Care. Acupuncture releases hormones that boost your body’s immune system, helping you fight off illnesses before they take effect. Additionally, meditation can help keep your mind sharp, staving off memory loss and dementia as you age.
- Headache Relief. People suffering from headaches and migraines have found incredible success with acupuncture and meditation. Although meditation can help treat the pain caused by your headache, acupuncture can also reduce the duration and frequency of them as well.
- Better Sleep. Because acupuncture and meditation produce feelings of relaxation, they can help people who have trouble sleeping at night get the rest their body needs to remain healthy and alert during the day.
- Digestive Health. Acupuncture can help regulate your digestive system, relieving cramps and gastrointestinal distress. Because it aids digestion, acupuncture may also aid in weight loss.
- Detoxification. Smokers looking to quit cigarettes have found meditation to be effective at reducing cravings and managing irritability. Acupuncture also promotes tissue repair, helping your body recover from the negative effects of smoking once you’ve quit.
- Mental Clarity. Both acupuncture and meditation help clear your mind, providing additional energy and a heightened mental state. Acupuncture may even help you improve meditation by calming and relaxing your body, allowing you to achieve a deeper state of meditation.
- Decreased Blood Pressure. Stress and anxiety both add to strain on the heart. By controlling these two reactions through acupuncture and meditation, you can reduce your blood pressure and decrease your chances of suffering from a heart attack or stroke.
Ready to Get Started?
At Thumos Health Center, we believe in a holistic approach to wellness. Acupuncture and meditation are proven strategies that have been used for centuries thanks to their large array of benefits. If traditional medical treatments have been unsuccessful, or if you’re looking for a natural alternative for your health problems, we can help! Call (310) 927-2792 or contact us online to schedule your consultation. We look forward to helping you naturally achieve a healthier life.