Eastern medicine views the human body from a different vantage point than Western medicine. In the Eastern point of view, the body is an interconnected system with a tremendous ability to heal and restore itself. Illness is a sign that part of the body is out of balance, and the focus of treatment is on supporting the system to help it regain its natural balance. Herbology is an essential part of this process.
To help the body heal, Eastern medicine uses a variety of traditional herbs that have been consumed for centuries to resolve illness and to enhance wellness. Many of these herbal remedies have already found their way into Western medicinal use. For instance, we now know that certain herbs contain potent antioxidants, while others have exceptional calming or restorative effects.
Common uses include the treatment of allergies, insomnia, fertility issues, digestive difficulties, and skin problems. Herbs also promote internal healing, and can help energize the body’s own immune system. Billions of people in Asia, Europe, and the United States rely daily on natural herbal remedies.
Each person’s body is different, and individual needs vary. Therefore, we always begin with a thorough, caring, and compassionate consultation. We will assess your current health profile and develop a personalized treatment regimen designed to restore you to optimum wellness. As part of your plan, we will determine which herbal remedies are indicated for you.
Our herbal remedies are of the highest quality and purest composition. Depending on their exact nature, we dispense them in a variety of ways. Examples include natural or pre-cooked preparations, a liquid extract, a concentrated powder form, or even inside convenient capsules.
Fertility Herbs and Omega-3 Prenatal Vitamins
Traditional Chinese medicine uses several herbal formulas to help women overcome infertility. These remedies help to improve hormonal balance, promote a healthier endocrine system, and increase blood flow to the uterus. We also encourage the use of complete Omega-3 prenatal vitamins. Science has shown us that a number of factors can affect a woman’s chances of getting pregnant; including diet, lifestyle, and age, but research has revealed that the right prenatal vitamins can go a long way to assist in a successful conception.
Chinese Pin Yin – Zi Si Feng
This ancient remedy for infertility combines several herbs into a gentle preparation that helps your body become ready to support a pregnancy. It promotes wellness in the reproductive system and helps to restore balance throughout the body.
Omega-3 Prenatal Vitamins
This once-daily supplement provides smart nutritional support for women who are trying to become pregnant, as well as expectant and nursing moms. Here are a few of the benefits:
- Support overall reproductive health
- Relieve common pregnancy side-effects like nausea
- Revitalize & balance hormones
- Support healthy fetal growth & development with 1 mg of body-ready folate, plus choline & DHA
- Support muscular relaxation & prevent nocturnal leg muscle cramps
- Supply safe, moderate levels of vitamin A
In traditional Eastern medicine, herbology and acupuncture are often used hand in hand. Qi is the vitality, or life force, that is the essence of every living thing. Yet it can be blocked by the stresses of daily life. Acupuncture helps to clear the channels, allowing Qi and healing blood to flow freely.
- Fertility Acupuncture: The benefits of acupuncture in achieving fertility are so widely known that Western doctors have begun referring their patients to us. We believe in an integrative approach that includes both Eastern and Western techniques. We regularly work with IVF (in vitro fertilization) specialists to boost your chances for successful implantation.
- Healthy Pregnancy: Our supportive services don’t end when you become pregnant. Acupuncture can help reduce the chances of an early miscarriage, and can alleviate many of the uncomfortable symptoms associated with pregnancy, such as back pain and morning sickness.
- Weight Loss and Detox: Acupuncture is not only for pregnancy. It can also help you gently and safely detoxify your system and achieve your weight loss goals.
- Women’s Health: From hormonal imbalances to the radical changes associated with menopause, acupuncture can help ease suffering by restoring your body’s natural balance.
- Stress and Migraines: Stress is an unavoidable part of life, but acupuncture can release the grip that it holds on your mind and body. If you suffer from migraine headaches, acupuncture may hold the key to relieving your pain.
Putting It All Together
Eastern medicine recognizes that each person is a unique individual with a distinct health profile and personalized needs and goals. At Thumos Health Center, we focus on identifying your needs and developing a customized plan that helps you achieve your goals. Herbology and acupuncture, along with nutritional and lifestyle counseling, are used together to create a pathway toward optimal health and wellbeing. We believe strongly in a holistic, integrative approach, and we are happy to work hand-in-hand with your Western doctors.
Located in Pacific Palisades, with satellite clinics in Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, and Beverly Hills, Thumos Health Center offers patients exceptional personalized care. If you are ready to take the first steps toward a more integrative approach to your health care, we invite you to phone (323) 372-5150 to schedule an appointment at any of our Los Angeles locations. Our highly knowledgeable and friendly staff will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have.