Pacific Palisades, a residential neighborhood in West Los Angeles, is an assortment of small bungalow houses, newer large private homes, condominiums and apartments. The city is situated between Brentwood to the east, Malibu to the west, Santa Monica to the south, and of course enjoys a proximity to the Pacific Ocean. Residents boast that it provides a small town or village feel in the midst of busy LA.
The Pacific Palisades-based Thumos Health Center, specializing in acupuncture treatment, is located in a small business district off of Sunset Boulevard known as the Pacific Palisades Village, consisting of stores, restaurants, banks and offices. You can get here via Sunset BLVD or PCH, as well as by the local Los Angeles Freeways.
The office is within walking distance of:
- The Alphabet Streets also known as “North Village,” which are north of Sunset Boulevard and are consecutively named, A, B, C, D and so on; hence the name “Alphabet Streets.”
- Huntington Palisades, close to the ‘village’ south of Sunset Boulevard; many houses on the ridge of the Huntington Palisades look out onto the Pacific Ocean.
Some other community highlights:
- Every Fourth of July, the Pacific Palisades Chamber of Commerce sponsors a number of day-long events, which include 5K and 10K runs, a parade on Sunset Boulevard and a fireworks display held on the Palisades Charter High School
- For the outdoorsy, there is Temescal Canyon, Will Rogers State Park and a number of excellent hiking trails.
- The home of the Self-Realization Fellowship (SRF), funded in 1950, by author Paramahansa Yogananda, author of the Autobiography of a Yogi. This retreat overlooks the lake to the east, and to west, the Pacific Ocean.
- And last, but certainly not least, J. Paul Getty’s Getty Villa.
The ideal recovery scenario – first-class acupuncture treatment in serene Pacific Palisades